Saturday, December 26, 2009

Fashion Camp

Fashion From The Couch Great Movies About Clothes
By Sharlene Camp

Fashion in movies is a really easy and fun way to get some inspiration for dressing up and some of the outfits will take your breath away. Here are some of my favourite fashion moments on film, if you haven’t seen them then put them on your list of must sees:



Old School Classics

Gangster chic at its best in the classic Bonnie and Clyde where Faye Dunaway shows us how to wear a bob, a beret and a scarf while on the run.

Mia Farrow is superbly presented in The Great Gatsby as is Robert Redford, it’s like a fantasy land of beautiful clothes, beautiful people and beautiful homes. A classic well worth seeing.

I recently watched Out Of Africa with my Mum, what a great movie! Meryl Streep is of course wonderful, but her outfits are also divine from her hunting outfit in Denmark to arriving in Kenya in her travelling suit, her wedding outfit (not a dress) and wearing a beautiful scarf and shirt at home on her coffee plantation.



Defining style growing up

Grease I was young enough that I didn’t realise that “Sandy” was supposed to be a bit of a nerd pre her make over…I thought she looked great. But when she came out in that slinky black outfit with her hair all done I could understand how “Danny” couldn’t resist, but looking back now I am not sure I really want to emulate either outfit, but still heaps of fun and probably my most memorable “reveal”.

Desperately Seeking Susan Madonna spawned an entire look with this movie and while I went for the lace and mesh, I never went so far as the lace fingerless gloves, but I did get a perm.



The Shopping Sequence

Even if you loathe shopping I don’t think any women can resist the shopping sequences in both Pretty Woman they are both the fairytale shopping trip you wish you could have, everything looks fun, fabulous (although maybe a little dated now) and you can afford whatever you want…dream on.



Costumes:

Marie Antoinette Sophia Coppola’s latest offering starring Kirsten Dunst is a sumptuous feast of dresses, wigs and cupcakes that if you are feeling at all girly this is the one for you.

Natalie Portman as Queen Amidala of Naboo in Star Wars The Phantom Menace has to be one of my all time favourites in terms of costumes, they were stunning to behold and a little bit of Victoriana, Japanese and a whole lot of other influences all melded together beautifully.

If you love colour then the Chinese film Hero is one of the most visually beautiful movies ever….and the clothing and outfits worn by the woman are stunning.



Fashion Industry

Then of course there are the movies about the industry such as The Devil Wears Prada and Pret a porter (which I have never seen).

These are only just a few of my favourites let me know if there are any of your favourites that I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Preview on Feedage: dr-5z5-open-feed-directory Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You
Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory [Valid Atom 1.0] Msn bot last visit powered by Scriptme powered by PRBbutton Fashion blogs Blog Directory Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit Powered by Mysiterank My Ping in TotalPing.com Literature Subscribe My Feed

Followers