Friday, January 22, 2010

Fashion Management

Fashion Industry Management - What Happened to Me?
By Midge Hand

What would you do if the unexpected happened?



Hi, I would like to tell you my story about "the unexpected". I was gainfully employed (for five years) in fashion industry management, as the General Manager of a high end fashion label schmoozing and musing with the artistic and the egotistic. A fascinating industry to be part of, where everyone loves everyone darling! Filled to the brim with young, gorgeous, new up and comers straight out of design school, sitting not so comfortably side by side with tired and cynical doyennes of the fashion industry.

And whammo! Along came the economic squeeze, the wallets of the fabulous ones tightened, sales fell and jobs were on the block - I was out, made redundant, given the boot - albeit, a beautiful designer spiky stiletto fair up my ass!! Luckily, (or so I thought) I found employment with another company settled nicely amongst the movers and the shakers and on the way to building their empire. Originally from the provinces, they moved to the Big City and set up shop with the big boys. I started on Monday and come Tuesday there was another beautiful designer stiletto boot up my ass! Sales fell, they panicked and I was out of a job again. "No loyalties from these fashionistas. It was at this point I thought "my fashion industry career is over".

So, what to do now... Fortunately, I have a varied and interesting career to fall back on having worked in many industries over the years, such as the oil industry, local council, health industry, legal fraternity, worked with people with disabilities and had dozens of temp jobs here and internationally - I've even been a driving instructor and a model. So I knew there was something out there for ME.



But, out of every cloud there's a silver lining and I'm happy to say I've found it. How did I do it? I started searching the Internet for a home based business and was totally blown away by the amount of businesses on offer. There is a lot of hype, promises, get rich schemes, lots of BS and shysters out there, so be very careful. The diversity of my business background served me well and gave me the ability to sort through the good, the bad and the ugly and decide on a business that has seen me fly from day one. The only thing that really bothers me is I wish I'd found it earlier, but then, it's all about timing.

Benefits of my new lifestyle:



no commuting - I now work from home

I get to spend more time with family



I'm the boss

I get all the rewards for the work I do

I choose to work the hours I want, when I want and who I work with



The tax benefits are great

I don't have the corporate stress

I am making more money than ever before

I get to meet some incredible people

AND BEST OF ALL, NO-ONE CAN GIVE ME THE BOOT.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Preview on Feedage: dr-5z5-open-feed-directory Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You
Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory [Valid Atom 1.0] Msn bot last visit powered by Scriptme powered by PRBbutton Fashion blogs Blog Directory Yahoo bot last visit powered by  Bots Visit Powered by Mysiterank My Ping in TotalPing.com Literature Subscribe My Feed

Followers